Learn how trauma affects our bodies and how yoga can help us heal.
Anxiety, depression, behavioral issues, relationship stress, and health issues are often the result of unresolved trauma. The goal of a trauma-sensitive yoga practice is to build resiliency and establish greater self-regulation. It is about feeling safe and at home in our bodies so that we can feel stable, have good self-esteem, and healthy relationships. No prior yoga experience needed. We welcome any individual to participate whether or not they have experienced trauma.
• Classes are accessible to everyone, regardless of physical ability.
• No hands-on assisting by the instructor.
• Mats can be provided if you do not own one.
• Free and open to the community.
• Class size limited to 15.
• Registration is required.
• In partnership with Tough as Milk, a non-profit organization.
Partners to Employment
3681 S. Green Rd. #406
Beachwood, OH 44122
All classes start at 6:15pm.
November 14, 2019
December 5, 2019
December 19, 2019
January 2, 2020
January 16, 2020
January 30, 2020
February 13, 2020
February 27, 2020
For more information, contact Mae Bennett, JFSA Domestic Violence Services Coordinator at 216.378.8675
About Tough as Milk
Tough as Milk helps survivors of domestic violence move toward healing through fitness, self-love, and determination. For more information, visit toughasmilk.org