For more information, call 216.504.2626
- Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- (Earliest pick up time is 8:30 am, the latest pick up time is 4:30 pm)
COST: Free of charge through March 31, 2017.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A RIDE
- By reservations only. Call 216-504-2626 from 9:30 am until 2:00 pm. Every effort will be made to honor reasonable requests. After 2:00 pm, please leave a message. Your call will be returned by the end of the next business day.
- Before calling, please have the following appointment information available: name, address, telephone number, date ride needed, appointment time, return time, name of destination or provider, destination address, destination phone number, if you use a wheel chair or walker or have an escort.
- Appointments will not be scheduled without all of the above information.
- Please call at least 3 business days in advance to schedule ride. Rides are scheduled on a first call basis with priority to medical appointments. Non-medical appointments will only be confirmed 2 business days ahead of ride.
- Medical appointments may be requested as soon as your medical appointment is scheduled. All other rides must be requested no more than one week in advance.
- No standing appointments.
- For cancellations, please call 216-504-2626 as soon as possible.
- Riders must notify scheduler at 216-504-2626 one (1) business day in advance of any changes. Best efforts will be made to accommodate these changes.
- Confirmation calls will be made 1 business day before scheduled rides.
- Limit 2 round trip rides per week. A waiting list is available for those requesting more than 2 rides per week.
- Wheelchair accessible. Please notify scheduler if rider will be riding in a wheelchair. Rider must provide his/her own wheelchair.
- Caregivers are welcome to accompany client in vehicle. Please notify the scheduler when scheduling Appointment.
- Riders (including caregivers accompanying clients) must sign Consent & Waiver from provided by the driver upon first ride in order to use the shuttle.
- In case of inclement weather, JFSA Shuttle on The Go! follows the closure schedule of the City of Beachwood Public schools which can be found on local TV channels, radio and websites.
- Drivers are not permitted to make unscheduled stops.
- Be prepared and flexible. JFSA Shuttle on the Go! may arrive 10 minutes early or late.
JFSA’s Shuttle-On-The-Go! provides free round-trip local transportation to current JFSA clients. The shuttle helps older adults remain active and independent, by providing rides to medical appointments, personal appointments, visiting loved ones in hospitals and nursing homes, grocery shopping, social engagements, etc. Upon request, our friendly driver can escort you door-to-door from your home to the van.
Scheduling priority is given to medical appointments and to those who:
- Live in an independent living setting and cannot access transportation services.
- Do not drive or do not have family members to provide transportation. Consideration may be made for clients who do drive but cannot drive on a certain day due to the nature of the appointment (eye exam/procedure), due to inclement weather or due to the distance of the destination or to those who have family members who need occasional respite may also be considered.
- Do not qualify for subsidized transportation services through Passport/MyCare Ohio or through Holocaust Survivor support funds.
AREA SERVED: Cuyahoga County
- Beachwood (North of Chagrin)
- Cleveland Heights (South of Monticello Blvd.)
- Highland Heights (South Of Wilson Mills Rd.)
- Mayfield Heights (West of SOM Center Rd, South of Wilson Mills Rd.)
- Mayfield Village (West of SOM Center Rd, South of Wilson Mills Rd.)
- Pepper Pike (West of SOM Center Rd.)
- Richmond Heights (South of Wilson Mills Rd)
- Shaker Heights (East of Shaker Square and North of Chagrin)
- South Euclid
- University Heights
- Woodmere (West of SOM Center Rd., North of Chagrin Rd)
- Owl’s Nest Apartments
- Euclid Hill Villa Apartments (100 Richmond Rd)
- Apartments surrounding Hillcrest hospital and Eastgate Plaza.
DISTANCE (within the service area):
- Within 25 miles round trip: medical appointments (exceptions: approved University Circle Cleveland Clinic & University Hospital locations, Signature Health in Willoughby and Garfield Heights, and the VA at Wade Circle)
- Within 15 miles round trip: personal appointments, visiting loved ones in hospitals and nursing homes, social engagements.
- Within 10 miles round trip: grocery shopping.