What You Need To Know Before You Apply
If you plan on applying for the 2017/2018 academic year, please note the following:
- In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lorain, Lake, Medina, Summit or Portage County. You are considered a resident if you pay taxes in the county or you are listed as a dependent on taxes of a relative who resides in the county.
- Your family income listed on your 2015 taxes is less than $150,000 (or $100,000 if you are applying for the Irving I. Stone Scholarship)
- You must be attending a four year accredited university or college. If you are attending seminary in Israel, you are eligible for the Seminary Financial Aid Program. Click here for details.
- Students attending online schools are not eligible for aid at this time.
- You must attend university/seminary as a full-time student (At least 12 credit hours per semester in undergraduate school or at least 9 credit hours per semester in graduate school).
- To complete your online application you will need to upload the following documents at the “Attach Documents” Tab:
- Your 2015 tax documents (if applicable)
- Your parents 2015 tax documents (if your parents are divorced, we will need both parents’ documents)
- 2017-2018 FAFSA/SAR Report
- High School Transcript or Current Semester College Grades
- One-page resume
- SAT/ACT Report
- ALL College/Seminary/Yeshiva Acceptance Letters
- Any financial aid award letters you have received
- Current photo (required for the Berger and Stone scholarship applications. Otherwise optional.)
- There is a $52 application processing fee grant or loan consideration. There is no fee to be considered for a scholarship only. All fees must be paid on the online application with a credit card through PayPal.
- The deadline for all grants/loans and scholarships (except for the Berger Scholars Award) is Monday, April 10.
- Committees review all applications in June/July and award letters are emailed in August.
- ALL NEW applicants who qualify will need to interview with the Manager of the College Financial Aid Program.
- At this time The Yoda Newton “Share the Luv”Scholarship is only accepting renewal applications. The renewal application for the 2016/2017 academic year is now closed.